Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Italian Job.

In Austin, randomness comes when you least expect it and when you do expect it, it won’t arrive. After the Insanity that was SxSw, I’ve begun to ask myself. Is there some method to this madness? Some pre-destined plans for things to play out so randomly and yet so perfect. I may never know the answer but it makes life in Austin way more interesting. So I apologize for not blogging in like two weeks, it’s been crazy going through personal things and dealing with my own vices. But let’s not get into that because it would probably bore you to death and it may just drive me to an insane asylum (not really). So let’s talk about the misadventures that have been thrown my way over the last two weeks. Two weeks ago Bren and I went out with her friend Jazzy. Jazzy has just turned 21 and Bren wanted me to show her a good time on 6th street, being the club expert that I am I couldn’t deny the job. Plus I love going out with people who are new to 6th street, if they go to a bad club they don’t know the difference because they are with me. And we all know that I always have a fabulous time regardless of who I am with. I decided that the night cap of the evening should be Fabric, because a girl’s first time out isn’t really complete until you have hot, sweaty men dancing topless. Especially if you are a girl who is in a relationship and these said men are gay. So we get to Fabric and Bren finally gets to meet Ex #2 and Adrian. She was so excited about meeting them, and they were loving and fun as they always are. Ex #2 and I had a random encounter that I can’t even write about. My lips are sealed(they weren’t that night) but I’m sure Bren can elaborate(though I do not encourage it) and then later that night Ex#2 had a misadventure of his own… He was standing on the corner of 5th and Lavaca with Adrian, Jon and Linda trying to get a cab. Now trying to get a cab in this city at 2 a.m. is like pulling teeth (and they wonder why people drunk drive around here). So while they are trying to get a cab they notice this tall dark and handsome man having difficulty of his own getting a cab. Now Jon you must know never goes up to strangers, especially strange me. Jon is hot as hell but he just doesn’t have the personality to go up to anyone. That all changed that night when he went up to the TDAH stranger, “Need help”? He asks. TDAH looks at him puzzled, so Jon repeats himself and TDAH responds with very broken English. They later come to find out (After Adrian stepped in and translated), that TDAH was an Italian visiting Austin for a month. Unbeknownst to everyone else, Adrian actually spoke Italian was able to translate for everyone else. TDAH turned out to be Davide (pronounced Dah-VI-De) and like I said earlier he was visiting Austin for a month, he had been here for two days and thanks to the randomness that was Austin he had met once of the craziest and weirdest people that live in this city. Boy didn’t his luck and misadventures in Austin just change. Jon had done like he has done over the last 3 years to his birthday this past weekend, Ex #2 had told me all about Davide (who I should mention is very straight but very open minded), and I was completely interested in going to the party. Not to mention Jon’s parties are always the best (see, I’m a Fat). So I get to the party and immediately begin talking to Davide, I ask him what made me come to Austin. Don’t you know that he said that he had a dream that Austin was one of the world’s greatest city to live in. I’m so not kidding you about this and after that I made it my mission to make sure this guy had a damn good time while he was here. After the party I called my new friends Kim and Emerald because Davide has had the misfortune of only meeting gay men or women that are attached (he is absolutely in love with Linda). Kim tells me that they are going to Chuggin’ Monkey and we should meet her there. Ex #2 and Adrian didn’t want to go but instead they wanted to go to Fabric. After much convincing I finally got Ex #2 to let Davide stay with me and that I would take care of him and not let him get lost in the madness that is 6th street. We met up with Kim and Emerald and they immediately hit it off. I was happy the beginning of my ‘Have fun in Austin’ meeting was complete. Afterwards Davide and I headed over to Fabric to meet up with the rest of the gang and well after that things are pretty much a blur. I have a new friend though and AJ my best friend from high school is coming in this weekend. Things I’m sure will turn into another misadventure. Also the Rio Grande Restaurant is supposed to open this weekend (it’s the former Real World house) so I think we are going to check that out if it does. That is all for now, hope you enjoyed it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did, I did. Bitch we better go check that out.

4/06/2006 03:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweet-p!! Yes, you sure did show Jaz and I a VERY good time!! I say "thanx" for tha both of us!! We definetely need to do it again soon!! Yes, Adrien is a very nice guy, glad I finally got to meet him.....oh, and ex-#2!!! Yes, I could elaborate, but I won't. We'll just let everybody wonder!! Love ya babe!!

4/06/2006 04:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bren

4/06/2006 04:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't there a pot-hole story in there somewhere??

tracy

4/06/2006 04:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home