Monday, March 20, 2006

SxSw, Insanity: Part 2

A date with Drew. "Hey I'll be there in less than an hour", It's JaP my high school bestfriend who had recently returned home from Iraq, and I have been trying for ages to get him to come visit me in Austin. So when he finally told me that he wanted to come I told him one of the best times would be during SxSw because things around here get nuts, luckily he agreed and he I would be able to see him in an hour. I immediately called Ex #2 because he is excellent at making sure that out of towners have a good time when they come to Austin and he knew alot of good bands that would be playing. So when JaP got here we went to Ex #2 and Adrian was there and we had a few pre-downtown drinks and then we were off to meet Linda at Beauty. Downtown was overly packed, it was amazing and JaP was instantly amazed, at one point he tells me "We haven't even done anything yet and this shit is crazy!" I looked at him and say, "Yea this is nothing" While we were in line waiting to get into Beauty, Ex # 2 and Adrain shared their story of meeting Drew Barrymore in New York City(they had just returned the day before). Apparently they were at some club and Drew was just there as a regular person. Ex # 2 said that he "accidently" bumped into and they ended up spending the rest of the night with her. I have to admit, I was a bit jealous but I'll have my own misadventures in New York City soon. After waiting in line for what seemed like forever, I grew annoyed and decided that we all should go to the Light Bar on Congress and then Rain. I wasn't sure if JaP would mind going to a gay club but to my surprise he agreed and we ended up going to Rain and having a grand ol' time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home