Monday, March 20, 2006

SxSw, Insanity: Part 3

Sarah Jessica, is that you? The next day; JaP, Ex #2 and I spent the majority of saturday on 6th street and the warehouse district. I got to see Rosanne Cash(Johnny Cash's daughter) play and she was absolutely amazing, there were also random bands but the night didn't get exciting until I took JaP to meet Luis, Queen of all that is stylish and fashionable. They immediately hit it off and we invited Luis to come out with us and JaP's cousin who lived here(him and I have randomly run into each other over the years and tonight wasn't going to be any different). So we went Red Fez to meet Chase because one of friend's were playing but she never showed up(Chase that is). JaP had already talked to his cousin who was at another concert and we planned on meeting him later that night. Since it was so hard to get into any bar downtown, I was like "Guys let's just go to Chuggin' Monkey, I'm sure it won't be crowded". So we walk all the way from the Warehouse District to 6th street. When we get to Chuggin' Monkey and there was this group of girls in front of the club and I couldn't tell if they were in line, so I asked the last girl "Excuse me are ya'll in line?" and she screams, "JaP!" I started freaking out because I have never seen this girl and there she was screaming at my friend. I come to find out that this girl was the wife of JaP's cousin. Luis and I immediately fell in love with her. While we were in the club I take JaP aside and say, "You know how we just randomly ran into Emerald(his cousin's wife)?" and he says, "Ya" so I say, "this shit happens to me all the time". He fell more in love with this city. Just as I say this Luis grabs me and goes, "Santi who does Jewel remind you of?". I scan her up and down and immediately recognize her Minolos, and it hits me. Carrie Bradshaw or her alter-ego Sarah Jessica Parker. After awhile of staring Luis and I finally tell Emerald who we think she looks like and she screams yet again because Sarah Jessica his like her idol(yes she did say 'like my idol!'). So there we were at Chuggin Monkey and Luis, JaP and I had planned to go to Fabric later but we couldn't figure out how to get his cousin and their posse to go. Luckily that was resolved when Bran(JaP's cousin) was like, 'Have u ever been to Fabric'? Luis and I laugh and are like, "Now that you mention it, we were planing on going." So at Fabric were we ran into Adrian and Ex#2 and lost Luis(every since the divorce, Luis can't see Adrain out because it becomes drama) The night was just about over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home