Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Italian Job, Pt 3

This version of the Italian Job is written by none other than Emma herself. She had a funny story to tell and it fits with the on going Italian Job series. So Ladies and Gentlemen here is the story: This weekend was awesome. I was off since friday and I decided to make the most of it. I went out every single night this weekend, I spent a lot of time and money with my Mother and girlfriends. Thursday night I went down to 6th, its normally not my style but Diana's friend Nicole was visiting from Michigan and we HAD to show her 6th. Santi and this guy he introuduced me to last week joined. I was there to hang out with my girls as well so I mostly just danced with them and talked to "this guy" every once in a while. It was cool all night with him until the end of the night were he pretty much ditched me, to go to a gay bar. Hmmm, it turns out he preffers to go to gay bars then straight bars, wow. So we talked the next day and it turns out that he thought it was getting to "relationshipy." So of course as soon as he told me that I turned on what Santi calls bitch mode. Here is why, first of all I didn't hang on him all night. I was totally cool and didn't even touch him in any way. Second of all he's only in the U.S. for two more weeks. Oh and even if he was staying what makes him think he's so fucking awesome that I would fall head over heels right away? Why do guys think that just because you enjoy their company you want to walk down the isle the following week. I have a hard time deciding what to wear or what Im going to have at Starbucks in the mornings what in the hell makes you think I know how I feel about you? I reffered to you as my "foreign fling." Im pretty sure that sums you and I up. Can you imagine that sometimes girls need to get some too? So he proceeded to tell me that he did want to see me before he left like he was doing me some huge favor. So of course I said NO and Im pretty sure he understood since that's the same in Italian as it is in English. (ooops I gave his identity away, so if you're reading this and your his friend, Im just telling it like it is ) Friday my Mother and I got up early and got pampered all afternoon, it was great. Then of course we went and did our absolute favorite thing shopping. Planeta followed the afternoon activities. Arlette and I got there way before the rest of the girls and we were swatting the guys off like flies. The guys there are so annoying. I love the music at that place but its the hang out place for the most unattractive, annoying, and desperate guys in Austin. These guys ask you to dance you say no. They ask why, you tell them why. Then they BEG. So of course bitch mode gets turned on and believe me I can make ANY guy go away. I don't do it by telling them I have a bf, or that Im a lesbian like most girls do. I just say, "Hey, NO IS NO!" If they're bothering my friends I grab them, push them away from them and say, "SHE SAID NO." Of course this has to be accompanied by the I am the devil stare . So after we managed to make the point that we were not there to get picked up we had a great time dancing. I even found it in my heart to be nice to this dorky white guy who was 25 but looked 16. He was dancing/humping everything in site, he was so wasted and it was sad. That evening when I got in my Mother informed me that The Italian had called after 2 a.m. and that he pissed of my Dad I called him back and he tells me that he didn't call me even though he asked my Dad for me and the caller id said the exact time he called. I could have understood if he was doing my favorite post drinking activity, drunk dialing but he doesn't drink. Sat morning I woke up early and went to hear my Mom speak at a church. My Mother is so good at this, she's amazing. I was so proud of her and I was so glad that I got share that with her and Im incredibly blessed that she's my mother. Sat night we went to Vicci and although we had to pay for cover a friend that works there was able to get us into VIP. It turned out really awesome because the dance floor downstairs was packed and we were able to dance on the platform upstairs and see everything that was going on downstairs. The guys at Vicci were completely opposite from the guys the night before and that was nice. So as we're dancing to the awesome music at Vicci, Diana yells at me and says, "Emma THE ITALIAN is down there!" So I look down on the dance floor and there he was walking around on the dance floor like a chicken with his head cut off. I was then distracted by a HOT guy who I did some dirty dancing with . It was great until they kicked him off the platform we were dancing on cause its only for girls. After 2 a.m. we had to leave VIP and go with the plain folk . We wanted to keep on dancing because the DJ still hadn't played Shakira like we had requested. We managed to dance with some cute Mexican boys, I know, crazy that I was attracted to Mexican boys. After we showed those boys that Our Hips Don't Lie we decided to call it a night and made our way outside. We had to wait for the Valet to bring us the car and since my feet were killing me I popped a squat on the sidewalk. As Im sitting there Diana spots the Italian again. So I just look straight ahead because I don't care to acknowledge his existence. Next thing I know he jumps the curb stands in front of me and burts out in SONG. Yup, he serenaded me for about a minute. It was an original. It was the same line over and over again explaining that he knew my name. Diana managed to catch the ending of it on video and its on my myspace page so check it out. It was so embarrasing especially since the cars driving by were honking and the guys next to us were just cracking up. Those guys told me I was mean cause I didn't say anything to him after he humiliated himself and they made a note that this type of thing doesn't work for girls. She has the video on her Myspace, you should check it out. It's quite funny.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww. My writing in no way compares to yours but I feel honored you posted it. After all it is a great story.

4/20/2006 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Velvetsaje said...

"Emma...Yea!!"


I love it...

4/20/2006 08:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma, I don't know you except for this blog but I have to say "You go!!"

tracy

4/21/2006 06:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and I received another 2:30 a.m. phone call saturday and it was a "mistake" again. WTF?
You can only use that excuse once.

4/24/2006 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger Velvetsaje said...

my he was calling on "Italy" time??

4/25/2006 06:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home