Monday, April 24, 2006

525,600 Minutes...

...How do you measure a year in the life? It's officially my birthday today(it's currently 12:22 a.m.), I'm now 24 and I've been told that it's my Golden Birthday. You know when the day you were born coincides with the age that you are turning, ya I didn't know that either. So I had a nice birthday celebration on Saturday, the guest list included the Infamous O, Emma, Chase, Luis. There were other people there like Tammie(a coworker) and her friend Laurie, but I've never really hung out with them so what can I say? Now to protect the innocent, I'm not going to mention the birthday just know that I had alot of fun and don't remember per se exactly what happened. Let's keep it that way... So moving on to this whole "Golden" Birthday thing. Everyone said, "Do something special, it's your Golden birthday", but what exactly is Golden about this birthday? Is it the fact that I've just gone through one of the hardest years of my life and I deserve to celebrate. Or is it the fact that I may have lost my bestfriend and I need to have a reason to drink. Or how about the fact that I've been single for almost two years now and since it's my golden birthday and this is my golden year and maybe just maybe I'll find someone. No, it has to be the fact that I'm still not back in school and since this a golden year I'll finally get around to "doing that" Who knows, but I know one thing: This time next year I plan to be celebrating my 1/4 of a century birthday in Europe-the motherland. The plan(be it all so simple), is that my 7th day in Europe will be my birthday. I read somewhere that people would backpack as a rite of passage through Europe and I figured, 'hey you're gonna be 25, 1/4 of a century old. Why?' So in 525, 564 minutes I plan to be in Europe celebrating like crazy because fo' real though, this whole 'Golden' thing is way over-rated.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? My Golden Birthday was when I was 2! That sucks. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

4/24/2006 08:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET-P!!!!! (as if I didn't say it enogh already, but ya know what..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!)

LOVE YA BUNCHES,

Bren Bren

4/24/2006 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger thao said...

Aww happy birthday! hope you are having a blast! :)

4/24/2006 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home