Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Busalogues, volume 1.

RT likes it when I entertain him with my stories of my various misadventures on the bus, so I thought this one was funny enough to share with you ladies and gentlemen. Enjoy! I saw 'Crash' this past weekend with Juan and his scoobies. If you haven't seen it yet you should, it kind of goes with the story. Lately the buses have been unusually packed, mostly due to the fact that gas is 800 dollars a gallon now. Well today I got on the bus a was standing up when this lady looks at me and ask if I want to sit down. I immediately notice the red bracelet she has on her left hand. Now those of you that don't know, alot of the Evacuees from Louisiana have this bracelet that allows them to get in and out of the convention center. I know this because of the people I told you about last week. Well I'm sitting there and I couldn't help but start a conversation with this woman. I ask her, "Are you from Louisiana?", she looks at me with disgust probably assuming that I asked her this because of her color-which was not the case. She responded with a no, and I respond with "I'm sorry it was the bracelet". She laughs and states "Oh yea I've been meaning to take that off, I was helping this family out from there." My interest grows, and I respond "Yea, I know it's really sad." "Your telling me" she says, "I just moved her from New Orleans about two months ago and now this." "I know. Is the family okay?", I ask. "Yea," she says "It was a grandmother and her 3 grandkids all under 5. They were able to find a place for them to live" "Well that's good", I say and the conversation pretty much ends. The bus stops and this guy gets on. He's kind of heavy set, Asian and obviously a student. My new friend leans over and tells me "Yea know, not to talk about anyone but I have never seen a fat asian before". I laugh and respond, "You've never seen a sumo wrestler?" She hits my arm and starts laughing "You've got a point". So the moral of the story is this. Regardless of race, gender, class status we are all the same. Crash showed me that in a very harsh manner.

2 Comments:

Blogger akasha said...

you know that beginning paragraph sounds like "RT loves listening to the stories of we poor bus riding folk" ... just something that's been in my mind bout how it sounded....

9/16/2005 12:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouldn't it be more like "Us po bus folk"?

9/16/2005 02:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home