Saturday, June 04, 2005

Only in Austin.

I've proclaimed time after time again how much I love this city. I love the culture, I love the laid back feeling that this city has, and I love how each and every weekend there is some kind of festival or 10K run going on. With that said, only here in Austin will the yearly Republic of Texas rally be held on the same weekend as the yearly Gay Pride weekend. On Friday(since this will probably be posted on Monday), the huge Motorcycle parade was held on S. Congress street, according to the Statesmen, over 20,000 motorcyclist roared through downtown. Now if you ask me that's a alot of testosterone roaming the lovely streets of Austin, what will us Homos do? Well probably nothing because after I did some careful research, I discovered that this has actually been a yearly event since the first gay pride parade 4 years ago. So the bikers know that we are here, and we know they are here. I was telling Jenny(who is at the huge biker rally in Manor, with her dad) yesterday that to some gay bikers this is like the best of both worlds. I bet some of(well the only gay leather bar) is really packed this weekend. It's to bad I don't get into the whole leather fetish thing or else I would be having a blast. Don't worry this is one thing that I do not want to experience, I like my fetishes the way that they are, no need to add new ones. Besides, I have this whole older man kick that I am currently on. I'm sorry for getting off point but we all know I tend to do that alot. I think that it's absolutely fabulous that this city will plan two completely different events on the same weekend, and there is no kind of craziness that occurs with other events(see Mardi Gras, Halloween, Texas Relays). Tonight after work, if RT doesn't call me I'm probably going to go join Lizette and Lynn and this gay block party that is happening over on Guadalupe and 4th(For those of you out of towners, this is also known as "The Warehouse District") and I'm going to definitely go down to the park tomorrow for the annual Gay Pride Festival. Awww, I couldn't imagine living in any other city than Austin. Except for New York City, but we'll get to that at another time. in the meantime check this out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home