Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Age Factor

You may wanna read this first. I think it was Alliyah who once sang, "Age ain't nothing but a number", god bless her for making me think about this deeper. When I was 18, I dated Luke who was 21 at the time, not that big of a difference but as I quickly learned those 3 years really did matter. That boy had done alot more than I would have imagined, and now looking back and I can see it all happened in a similiar way with me. When I was 19, I met ex #1. There was this one time that I will never forget, him and I were in a heated arguement about something or another, and the age factor came into play. I tried to explain to him that a year was nothing, his response was "alot can happen in a year", boy was he right. I may have written about the phrase once before I'm not quite sure. I had just turned 21 when I began to date Ex #2, he was 25(and as of yesterday he's now 27), the age thing never really came up between us, except during a final arguement when we took a break from each other where he told me that my age and morals is what stopped him from seeing a future with me. Ok point taken, I'll save those mental notes. I dated ex # 3 and Jay when I was 22. They were both young vibrant 19 year olds, and would tell me the same things I would say to ex #1 and Luke. It was like looking at a mirror but only this time the reflection was slightly different and not as wise as I was at their age. After those two I decided not to date anyone younger than me, ever again. Then of course most recently there was Adam, someone who was my age. Someone I could actually related to. Boy was I wrong about him, he had a completely different thought process than I did and he was still stuck in his club rat phase-so unattractive. So now I'm here on the verge of something completely new, and absolutely insane and I think that I may just jump in and let the age factor go. But if alot can happen in a year, what about 13 years? And how much of a difference will that make, will I be referred to as merely a child? A young homosexual who knows nothing of life, well he won't say that if he really truly knows me, because those who do know me will say that the above questions couldn't possibly asked, because I am no where near like that. I am wise beyond my years(ok sometimes, not always). I guess we'll see, he's in Dallas for the week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some may worry about tomorrow or even 20 years from now, but those that enjoy today dont seem to worry nearly as muc. They find happiness as it comes by each and every moment.

6/04/2005 04:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home