Monday, May 09, 2005

A Sunday night on the prowl.

So yes I had yet another encounter with an ex real worlder. Remember I told you that he was in town? Well last night after a weekend filled with SD and RT, and some manwitches my friend Emma called me wanting to go out. I was not having it because I was so exhausted from the weekend but after Emma bribed me with a few drinks, I caved in. We managed to get our friend Jeff to come out with us too, and I had told my friend Raul, that if I went out I would meet up with him at some point. Well since the current Real Worlders(click here for a news paper article about them plus some really good pics.) are slated to leave this week, Emma really wanted to go to 6th street to see if we could get one final glimpse of them. I've already had my encounter with them on the bus, so I wasn't as excited as she was. We headed to 6th street in hopes of seeing something if anything. But alas we didn't see the cast so we headed to the warehouse district to meet up with Jeff and Raul. As we were standing outside of Rain, waiting for Jeff we spot Dan Renzi. He was like 2 or 3 feet away from us and Emma tried to get me to talk to him and I didn't want to cause I'd seem like a groupie, well as we were talking Dan asked us how we were doing and I instantly hit convo-santi mode and sparked up a conversation with him. Well after about 5 minutes of talking and me giving him advice on the good places to eat in Austin, he left to go check out Kat'z(cause ya know it never closes) and Emma, Jeff and I went into Rain. Raul and his boyfriend Lupez were inside so we just sat on the couches and talked and drank and talked and drank and talked and...well ya get the point. Now mind you, this is the first time I've met Raul in person, I've only talked to him on the Real World Message Boards, and I'm a fan of his live journal. Emma had just met Jeff that night(Jeff and I met during the Big Brother casting call). So here we where 4 strangers with one thing in common(wanna guess what?) and we were all talking and hanging out as if we had been friends for awhile now. Again to me it's so wierd how my life plays out like that. Well after awhile we decided to head over to Oilcan's for a bit but it was deader than I've ever seen that place, so back to Rain it was and guess who was back from eating? This time I approached him and we talked for awhile but this is where my opinion of Dan gets kind of slanted. It appeared that once he was bored of a conversation with someone he would just fade out or not pay attention at all. He didn't do this to me(cause I mean really who ignores me?) but I saw him to it to quite a few people. The other odd bizarre thing about him was that it appeared that he wanted to be noticed he wanted people to say "hey aren't you Dan?", which makes no sense to me at all because he would fade out of the conversations so quickly. I'm still undecided what to think about him cause I'm such a fan. Well after we all were done with Rain, we decided to go pass by the house and well that's when things got a lil crazy. I stood back and let Jeff and Lupez be crazy, but it was fun none the less. Jeff knocked on the door(well knocked is a bit of an understatement, cause it was LOUD), and Lupez took a souvenir with him from the house. I won't mention what exactly was taken but it's quite funny and I'm sure it would make a great sell on Ebay. We took alot of pictures and once Raul sends them to be I'll be sure to post them. So well ya, that's yet another misadventure....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, santi.. im only confused what u guys did exactly at RAIN?... i know this will be on the blogtest!
hehe .. t
sorry couldnt resist ;)

5/09/2005 01:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santi!! I'm so mad that I missed a weekend with you guys, we'll have to get together again soon!!!

~Catherine (catarina...)

5/11/2005 02:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see the pics!! :-)

5/12/2005 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger Velvetsaje said...

the camera is MIA :-(

5/12/2005 04:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home