Thursday, August 24, 2006

The job that keeps on giving

Today was a very rough day for me work wise. I mean really rough. So yea I started this job less than 3 months ago and my boss quickly realized that she had hired me for a position that I was way to over qualified for. Imagine that. So she started training me as an Assistant Manager so that at some point I could just move to another site that we have. I was fine with that idea plus I was getting a nice raise. You see this is a good thing because I took a huge pay cut from my previous job. So they started training me for this new Assistant Manager position and my trainer was an idiot. Plain and simple, I believe she was on crack. Well she decided to quit one day and the instant my boss found out about this, she offered me the job. Again, another raise. Now I know you're probably thinking, 'How in the world did this happen?'. Well you have to understand the industry I'm in, the company I work for and the fact that I'm a badass. Ok so my boss runs 4 other sites from her office and I have officially become her bitch or as she likes to call it, her right hand man. Now I knew my right hand was good for something or than...nevermind. Well since I'm her bitch assitant I've become very prevy to what's going on at our other sites. People are now calling me with questions instead of her. I'm now doing alot of her work. Which is not a bad thing at all trust me, because she has 4 other sites to run and it is my job as bitch to make sure the job gets done. I love it. Well even after today I love it. I spent well over an hour on the phone with the owner while he was yelling at me. Where's the bitch switch you ask? Well you see even though I wanted to yell at the owner for yelling at me for things that are beyond my control(Having one manager out because of a family emergency and having my boss out due to food poisoning). I didn't. I was so frustrated when the call was done that I wanted to slap someone. Can I get a volunteer? Bren, sit down you got your's for the year. Then he calls back and wants to talk about numbers and profit and blah blah fucking blah. Mind you I kept up with this man the entire time. I was giving him information that I have gathered over the last two months, etc etc. And guess what he was VERY impressed with me. Am I an ass kisser? Absolutely not. Do I tell people what they want to hear sometimes so they will STFU? AbsoFuckingLutely. I'm a bitch I know we've covered this. Well now I'm sitting in the office of another site because the Assistant here had to go because they were filming a scene for 'Friday Night Lights' in her house. Because we all know when Hollywood calls you have to drop whatever you're doing and do what they want. I don't know why I'm bitching cause I would do the same thing. I needed to vent and I did. The end.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well well, see.....
I told ya this job could be a good thing!!! Maybe I should have said "great" instead!!! :-)

I am sooooo glad my slap pass has expired for a WHOLE year!!! Thank God!!! :-)

Love ya sweet-p, you are doing excellent for yourself!!!

BB

8/24/2006 05:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Won't be long before you are running half of freakin Austin...you are a badass!!!

tracy

8/24/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome, Santi... we still miss you here though. Yeah, keep up the great work and you'll soon be running all four sites :)

8/28/2006 07:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home