Friday, January 13, 2006

Is this city too small or have I lived here too long?

I often don't like going out on a weeknight but last night Adrain wouldn't stop calling so I had to give in. Wait, who am I kidding? I am not one to pass up a good time, so just forget that whole part about me not going out on a weeknight. I like to go out plain and simple. So after Adrain had picked me up we headed over to Ex #2's house to have a pre-club drink(s)(s). I got to hear all about their trip to New York (that I was supposed to go on and probably wouldn't have acted a damn fool on New Year's had they told me sooner) and then Adrain tells me, "You the know the best thing that has happened to me since the break up is" and he hugs Ex #2, and goes and this is a real shocker, "him"(they've since become really good friends). I laugh a fake laugh(which they didn't notice) and allow them to continue their story... Ok so let's stop right there and get a little backstory. So about a million years ago in 2001, I had met Adrain. He and I were actually supposed to hook up(in a dating way...please get your mind out of the gutter), but alas that didn't happen because I ended up falling madly, insanely, stupidly in love with Ex #1. I also gained my bestfriend, Jaime out this but that's another story. So over the years Adrain and I remained friends, regardless of my relationship with Ex #1. The thing that got me was... ...There he was with Ex #2 telling me how much he appreciated him. I got to thinking, How exactly did this happen? I'm the one who met Ex #2, I'm the one who took him to one of your fabulous parties and now you guys are closer than you and I have ever been? How is this possible? I began to wonder if this city got smaller since I moved here four years ago. The thought still stuck with me as we got to the club and it increased even more so when we ran into what I like to call, the UT Fags(they are this group of people who we all have associated ourselves with in some way or fashion but never really hang out unless we are at a party or a club, in other words aquaintances). Well there was Jay, who I hadn't seen in awhile so we began to talk and catch up on his current break-up(I guess karma keeps going around doesn't it?). When I saw another one of the UTF alone, we'll call him Travis. Well Travis had been dating another UTF for a long time, who we'll call Armand and they had recently broken up. I along with Jay had also dated Armand. This continued the whole chain of thought about this city getting smaller the longer I live here. Had we Gay Austinites, or Young Gay Austinites run out of people to date? Would this revolving door of dating/friendships continue as I stay here longer? I walked away from the night, thinking "damn I need new friends, maybe SxSw will produce that" On a completely different note: I ran into Dan last night. Well let me clarify that I said hi to him and the proceeded to push him out of the way to get to the dance floor. He has curly hair now, it made me miss my curlies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home