Thursday, January 12, 2006

Text Messages

This post has been a long time coming but seeing as though I was on a brief hiatus, I didn't get a chance to write it. So this past Thanksgiving I was overly surprised to get let's say about 20-30 text messages from all of the U.S, with the same simple message "Happy Thanksgiving!". I guess making a short inpersonal message versus a 2 second phone call is alot easier. The same thing occured this past Christmas(with the messages increasing to over like 50). I had a terrible hangover that I just decided to turn my phone off and deal with it later. You see the thing with me is that I would much rather hear someone's voice on a holiday rather than the damn Peanut Butter Jelly song(my current Text Ringtone) but I suppose others don't feel that way. Which is completely fine with me because on New Year's Eve when I was acting a damn fool, I was way to under the influence to conduct any sort of coherent conversation, so a text message was the easist way. On the positive side of things, Texts are cheaper than phone calls. You get to convey your message without having to wait to speak to a person and it's a secretive way to talk about people that are in the same room(trust me I've done it a billion times). It just amazes me how technology has taken away the basic skill of human communication and altered it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One each of them phone calls and text messages were mineeeeee... :)

1/13/2006 08:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home