Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Story of Adam

I've been told that I don't blog that much, well people I blog like 8 times a day, but I mean yea whose really paying attention here. So like I said here it's time for the story of Adam. Sit down people, get some popcorn ready because here comes a completely new person to remember in the misdadventures of me... It was mid-November when Adrain had called late on a Saturday night. Now normally I usually set my nightly plans a day or two before hand(call me anal(no pun intended) but I like to make sure I always know what I'm doing or going to be doing.) but that night I had nothing planned but a night in front of the television. Adrain wanted to go out and we hadn't seen each other in months(Since Ralph's Farewell Tour-that he should have stayed on, but let's not rehash this again because let's admit it people i've beaten the dead horse on that one(and no Richard it hasn't been months, it's been two weeks..so there) Anyways he wanted to go out, so there I was getting ready for a night with Adrain, Luis, Brian(Luis' roomate) and some random girl whose name that I have forgottten. We decided that since we couldn't go anywhere 21+ and with Boyz Cellar closed the only choice we had was Charlie's. Normally I would have been against this but hell it was saturday, and they had 1.50 drinks and you can never beat that. I honestly enjoyed myself alot that night mostly because I was being hit on left and right and it always feels good to get hit on. These two 20 year old boys had the audacity(sp) to try and hit me up for a little menage a trois, and I sadly had to decline(odd huh?). Well I think I was in the back bar at some point talking to my good friend Seth about something or another this hot random past by me, wearing a black shirt with a white dress shirt underneath. You know the look before, where the undershirt comes out of the sweater, its a cute look. Well this guy was about my height, build, hair color and all. He was a total cutie, of course I stared at him while I was talking to Seth and he just smiled back at me. At this point, I told Seth that I would be back because I had someone's number that I needed to get(this was alot easier said than done). So there I was walking back to the dance floor, 'looking' for Adrain and Luis and as soon as I find them, there he is again. He smiled at me everytime I looked back to see if he was checking me out. Luis quickly noticed this and made a HUGE commotion out of it. "Talk to him" he kept telling me but for some reason I was being all nervous and shit. So finally Luis goes and grabs the random and introduces himself to him, and then informs him that I think he's cute. So of course the uncomfortable 'high im in the 3rd grade' type of thing happened but that quickly passed because of course I became humorous. To make myself look even better(don't I always), I was like "wait, let me get some courage" and quickly downed my tequila sour. I was truly nervous people, like palm sweating, heart beating kind of nervous. It was wierd!! We talked for about 45 mins to an hour about nothing and everything and I quickly learned how fucked up my luck is sometimes. He's from Houston and doesn't plan on moving to Austin until this June. Which sucks but oh well. So up until the middle of December him and I talked on the phone for hours about everything and nothing just seeing who the other person was. There was no commitment discussed and it was good to talk to someone new. On the plus side he is very flattering towards me, which of course I like. Well then J came into the picture and all that jazz and he and I lost contact for a brief moment. He called me two weeks ago just to talk, and the next day there I was calling him just to hear his voice and get to talk to him. It's ridiculous I know because this guy lives miles away and it's going to be months before he gets here. But I like talking to him and I really don't know what to expect once he does actually move here. So that's the story of Adam so far, nothing really exciting I know but hey its a blog and that's all that matters.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Earlier you wrote about your Job #2 (which, by the way, is a great idiom because is truly is crap) and mentioned something about the friendship drama that occurred and that there was a lot of it going on last season. In certain circumstances, though, I thought it best to post some of my favorite quotes regarding what I thought a 'friend' should be - not that you need this because you have always been genuine to me - not fake like others. The term 'friend' has been used with reckless abandon.

In order to have a friend, you have to learn to be a friend in return. Friendship should always be a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. Friends are needed for both joy and sorrow. The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love. And of all which wisdom provides to make life entirely happy, much of the greatest is the possession of friendship. But some don't want the responsibility that friendship brings. They just want acquaintances they can master control over and treat like puppets on a string. And what a tragic ending to an already sad and tired truth...Lastly, friends should be treasured - not exploited.

2/02/2005 03:41:00 AM  
Blogger Velvetsaje said...

~I still haven't figured out who sent this but I have my suspicions and I'm going to stick with my suspicion until the evidence points elsewhere. So here's my response take it or leave it.

No correct me if I'm wrong but aren't friend supposed to be honest and true to one another no matter what the circumstance(funny how you didn't mention that part) oh and this little quote really gets me going "But some don't want the responsibility that friendship brings. They just want acquaintances they can master control over and treat like puppets on a string." Because if I were you honey, I would take a deep hard look in the mirror because in most friendships that you have you are the sole puppet master, that is of course until the puppets cut their strings and subsequently cut you out of their life. You say that you were the one to leave your friends behind but I seriously think that they dropped you and you came to who else? The only person willing to let you back into their lives again, me. And as soon as you came back into my life you saw that you had new puppets to control and master and then disgard like you have done so many others before. It still amazes me how people don't see how manipulative alot of your actions are. All of this "I have changed" crap is BS, you're still the same person you were 4 years ago, only slightly better at what you do. You're right though, I was geniune-unlike the others but the compassion and actual human feeling for you was taken advantage of not once but three times. I allowed myself to get my deeper emotions involved which only resulted in pain for myself, which is what I've come to expect from you. It seems that everytime I let you back, you walk away with a clean slate and I'm left in pain. It's the same sad song however you want to play it. Your right it is a tragic ending to such a sad and tired truth. Truth is I should have learned the first couple of times and I didn't I saw something more in your eyes and I was so obviously wrong. I really wish you would have handled things differently but thats unlike you. The easiest way for you is to walk away from this and yet still cause pain. You are seriously so blind and foolish to see everything that you've caused, but again that's how you are. History repeats itself once more. And one final thing "Lastly, friends should be treasured - not exploited." I treasure my friends way more than you do(Your current actions speak louder than words) and was it not you who wanted more info of them on here? How typical that once the information begins to potray who you really are, you don't like it. That is all, hope all is well and you leave soon.

2/03/2005 02:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home