Monday, January 31, 2005

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone.
I've been addicted to that song for awhile now. It's on every where I go, and the funny thing about is this past Saturday I was singing it on my way to work after a hectic morning(that involves jaime, me banging on his door, and other hilarity) so I walk into a gas station near Jamie's and the freakin song is on!! So I decided that for the time being this is going to be my theme song. This will all make sense it good time trust me!
Work on Saturday was bleh and I couldn't wait to get out. Had dinner with Jaime and was finally able to enjoy a damn good Apple Martini. It's been awhile and it was good to have my friend Apple and Martini together again. Needless to say I was drunk at around 10 p.m., So I went home to get ready and called Justin for plans for the night. I chose not to call Bob because I knew that I would end up running into them anyways(I was all prepared to throw a few drinks at the exes). So Justin and I arrived downtown and quickly bought our first drink at Oilcan's.

This is when I presented the bar hopping idea to Justin. I told him that we always go to the same bars weekend after weekend(my ulterior motive was to try and run into the real world cast, and even though they are reporting cast sightings, I have yet to see them). After Oilcan's we went to Rain, and while we were in line I ran into this really cute boy(I would then run into 4 more times during the night and finally introduce myself to him, afterwards I walk to the bar and get caught off guard by bob, will, and jonathon and the boy leaves..!!!) So Will informs me that the exes are not there, and says that he's glad cause he didn't want drama. I was like "me cause drama? never" but yea he talked to me for awhile and by the end of the night I was very annoyed with people telling me that they were sorry and not to worry about it and to be happy. I was happy at the time, cause I was drunk as shit and to be quite honest with you I didn't care about the asshole exes anymore.

With the night over Justin and I passed by the Real World house again and there was no action going on. I came home with the intention of going straight to bed, but my neighbors was awake and asked if I wanted to hang out for a bit. I had a few beers left from friday night so I was like sure why not, I dont have to work tommorow anyways. So I ended up going to bed around 5ish...
...and didn't wake up on Sunday til 4. I was being lazy as hell and dreaded the idea of going grocery shopping, but I had to and after that I pretty stayed in at vegged out in front of the tv.
So back to the song, well I feel like im at a crossroads/turning point in my life. It feels like its the day after my high school graduation and I was sitting around thinking "ok now what". Well with the recent shenanigans with the exes, I've decided that since they are staying away from me. That this will be a good time for me to find myself a little bit more. I've had either one or both of them in my life for the last 4 years and now I think that that chapter in my life is about to be closed and a completely new one is starting. Call me crazy, insane, idiotic, or whatever but this makes sense to me.
Also I wanted to thank Christopher over at Everything is not Real, for reading and responding to my email. If you ever get a chance, check his blog out. It's very entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home