Friday, January 28, 2005

The Answering Machine

Now those of you who know me, know not to call me early in the morning. I hate it and I will probably end up cussing you out(example my sister-in-law aka 'the bitch' called me around 7:30 to ask me tax related questions, I had to be very honest with her. Mostly becuase I didn't want to answer her damn question and secondly becuase it was 7:30 in the freaking morning!! so I kindly told her "Look I don't want to be mean but it's my day off and I want to get some kind of sleep", she hung up and I never called her back. Serves her right). Now before I go on I would like to mention that I have moved my answering machine into my room, due to the structural readjustment in my apartment(thanks to my friendly crack head neighbor and her 'free' couches'...they were free people I swear!), so now if I dont choose to answer my phone, I get to hear the lovely computerized voice say "We aren't in right now please leave a message"; speaking of which i need to change that. Ok again before I get back to my point, let's have a brief history lesson here(because yes people I am that bored). I think I was about 12 whenever I met Gloria, she was the mother of my bestfriend at the time Alex. Over the years I've grown really close to Gloria and even moved in with them when I was 16. She has then dubbed me her adopted son and I even look up to her as a mother. Well with the recent issues with my mother and my decision not to acknowledge any exsistence of Fort Worth, I have been ignoring alot of people. I've started calling more people like Gloria more often and Shirley too(I'll save another blog for everything that is Shirley, speaking of which. Shirley if you're reading this, I hope you're doing well). So now that you know the history, let's get to the story(which is why you're reading right?) So early this morning(and by early I mean 6:30) the phone rings, I instantly think it's my father mistakenly calling me(he has this bad habit of calling me early by accident). I didn't even get up to check the phone cause I wanted to let the machine get it. So then the message came and it was Gloria's voice "Santisha!!! It's your mother, your other mother and I need help with my taxes". I'm glad that I let her leave a message because I've since listened to it twice, just for a laugh. If you ever meet Gloria you will see what I mean. Well the point of this story is that even though my mother isn't in the best state, im still glad and fortunate for the people that I do have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home