Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Misadventures in...Chicago?

So I promised to write about 'The History of Justin' this week but I will probably get around to that one next week. I have another story for you and trust me this one just fell on my lap as of yesterday. So my former Stepmother(Jo) is moving to Chicago coming this September and taking two of my younger siblings with her. On one note I was very upset about this because my family has always lived here and we are a very close family(though I like to pretend we aren't sometimes) and it will be hard for this transition to take place especially for my father. Now on the second note I'm kind of excited for one of my younger sisters because she's a mini-Donald Trump so this would actually help her experience more of what is out there in life. This is where I came in, Jo called me yesterday and proposed the idea of me moving with them to Chicago while she makes the transition from Austin to Chicago. This proposed agreement would require me to live with my two younger sisters while Jo is going back and forth trying to get everything set up. All I would have to do is take care of them and I could have the option to stay up there for an undetermined amount of time or return after the two months are over. So this is what I am thinking: Option 1: Take a leave of Absense from my job for the two months and then return back to my normal life with the experience under my belt. Option 2: Quit my job and stay up there and work until the end of January and return when my second job starts. Option 3: Take a huge leap and actually move up to Chicago for an undetermined amount of time. Option 4: Say No. So as of right now I'm going with options 1 and 2 and just have to wait to see what my job says. As for my apartment and such, I just signed a new lease so there is no getting out of that. Don't worry that one is going to be covered because as long as I'm up there making money for watching my two younger siblings I can just pay my rent from up there(since I will be living up there rent free). The only real bill I have to worry about is my electric bill but without me living there that should be fairly low. My cell phone will still be working, and of course there will be hundreds of misadventures in the Windy City. I was so close to actually deciding to move up there for an undetermined amount of time but then I started to look around at my apartment and everything I've accomplished in the last four years of living here and I can't bare to walk away from all of this and just start over. But when will another opportunity like this one come my way? So that's when I formulated options 1 and 2. I really do hope they work out because I could get my wish of being able to live in another city and also have my home base to return to. And who knows, maybe I will end up loving it and just never return. Ahhh life and the silly curveballs it throws at you sometimes. I'll keep you posted and I hope everyone voted for Kaysar to return to the Big Brother 6 house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you havent heard from me in a long time, but I think it sounds like a great opportunity. When life presents you something like this, especially when you're young, you should go for it. Misadventures after all make us who we are, and what a better way to have misadventures then going to a brand new place!

-Emma-

8/10/2005 02:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say No!

8/14/2005 06:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home