Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I feel robbed.

One thing that I have a bad habit of doing is spoiling things for myself. I do it every season of Survivor, I even remember doing it when 'Scream 2' came out(Yes, I got online looked for the script and found out who the killers where, and I was only 15 back then). Well I've done it again with The Real World: Austin. Now while most of America was barely being introduced to the seven strangers, I on the other hand have known who they were for months now. It was a fun guessing game for awhile. Here's a small run down of what we came up with on RWA: Johanna-we had her name correctly. Rachel-We actually thought she was an asian named Cheng for the longest time. Lacey-She went from Aruela, to Melinda to Lacey. Melinda-She went from Lacey, to blondie, to Melinda. Danny-He went from Ace(real world paris) look alike to danny. Wes-Abe look alike(Abe was on Road Rules) Nehemiah-Oh the fights we had over his name! For awhile we thought his name was Marcus, and we finally settled on Nehemiah and we were right. Now that we have that out of the way let's talk about last night's show. If you haven't seen it yet(I'm sure you'll catch it in reruns, cause we all know MTV) don't continue reading. Danny is the first roomate we meet as he's saying good bye to his family. Now remember this small clip because it will come up later in the season and trust me it's deep, and sad. Next, we meet Rachel(Hi, I'm your roomate. The 'roomate' thing gets annoying fast) and Nehemiah meeting on the Capital lawn, which is oh so pretty. Wes and Johanna meet near a statue on Town Lake, and lastly Melinda and Danny meet on top of Mt. Bonnell(is this fate?). After a brief commerical we are back and the roomates are all in the house...let the fun begin! Rachel says 'roomate' about 3 more times(like I said it got annoying fast). This year the producers decided not to give the roomates any alcohol(did they not want drama?). We as an audience didn't get to see the cast run around downtown looking for a liquor store(there's pictures at rw16.com, and its also on MTV.com). Well once the booze comes out the roomates clothes come off and into the hot tub they go. During the hot tob action, we learn that Lacey is a 23 year old virgin and she isn't afraid to be herself around these people. Good for you Lacey! But I doubt you will last long with these hornballs. And now what would a Real World season premiere be like without some hook up action? First up we have Rachel and Melinda locking lips, it was hot and in the words of Johanna "I'm a wild child, but Melinda makes me look like a prude", and trust me she ain't lying. By the time the next segment is shown, Melinda is now in the pool telling Danny how she feels a connection to him...wait weren't you and rachel just...nevermind...this girl is a ho, with a cute butt and smile, so I will forgive her. They then go out and get drunk(at Paradox of all places) and Johanna drunkenly kisses Danny(hook up #2) and later storms out of the club with Lacey in tow. I have a feeling the rest of the season is going to follow this same pattern. Now pay attention because this is where it gets good. The next day they all go have lunch together and afterwards Johanna and Nehemiah take a walk. During the walk Johanna asks Nehemiah for help when she gets drunk cause she needs to be protected. Please cry me a river. Well that night the roomates all go out to the Aquarium for another night of drinking and having fun. Johanna gets dissed by Danny yet again and starts to really slam those shots down, followed by bar top dancing. At this point Nehemiah has had enough and tries to give Jo some water, but she aint having it. After fighting with her for a few moments(who knows with editing, really) Nehemiah gives up and tries to walk away, at which point Johanna grabs him and starts fighting with him. I mean ripping his clothes off, breaking glasses kind of fighting. While this is happening Wes and Danny notice the commotion and try to come to the rescue. Nehemiah had already walked out of the bar by the time the boys start interogating a drunk Johanna, who continuesly repeats "this guy was trying to be up nehemiah and I don't know why", trust me I'm a drama queen but this girl is good! So Wes and Danny take off to rescue Nehemiah with Melinda following. This is when some Austinites decided to have fun with these people and start pointing them to all the wrong directions and bars. Remember Nehemiah is already at home, and these idiots are running around 6th street looking for him. At some point during the search the guys get into it with other drunk people and you already know what happens, yes ladies and gentlemen a fight broke out and my poor Danny got his head beat in. I mean that in the literal sense, he had a dent in his head. After walking home and having Rachel(a Iraq War veteran, whose also a nurse whose also his 'roomate') look at eye, he decides it's time for a hospital visit. Now Danny is a trooper because his eye was really really messed up, did I mention it was indented into his face? Well after the doctor tells him he is going to need surgery the show ends and we are once again sucked in. I must say I haven't been so astonished by a Real World Premiere since Ruthie was rushed to the hospital during the Hawaii season but this season has topped that ten fold and now like the rest of America I'm hooked. Go figure. I've been hooked since way before the house was built. If you want any insider info, let me know I'll be more than happy to share it. Favoriate Quote from the episode came from Wes who was talking about Melinda: "Melinda is hot! She's going to hook up with everyone here, and I don't mean the house. I mean Austin." Until next time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!

6/22/2005 07:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home