Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Angels in America

As some of you know I've been spending the last five days with some new "friends" Priar, Louise, Harper, Joe, Lou and Roy who have been happily been making me laugh and cry with their trails and tribulations. It's over now and I feel bizarrely(is that a word?) empty. Their tale is done, well not really done but the fragment of their lives that I was allowed to see is over. I felt the most emotion for Prair and I'd like to share his last quote in the movie: "The fountain is not flowing now, they turn it off in the winter. Ice in the Pipes. But in the Summer, its a sight to see. I Wanda be around to see it, I plan to be. This disease will be the end to many of us, but not nearly all. And the dead will commemorate, and we'll struggle along with the living. We won't die silent deaths anymore, the world only spins forward. We will be citizens, the time has come." There is also a scene where Harper, is leaving New York city and flying to San Fransico(The city that is supposed to be what Heaven is modeled after), her quote really got to me too: "In this world... Nothing last forever. ...There's a kind of painful progress, Longing for what we've left behind, and Dreaming ahead." I recommend that everyone see this film....but dedicate 6 hours to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Angels in America. I bought the stage script for both my boyfriend and myself. I wanted everyone to see or experience it at least once.

4/11/2005 04:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home