Thursday, January 06, 2005

Treading Water

I remember learning how to swim when I was younger. I was about 6 or 7 when my dad and brother decided that I should learn how to swim. Of course I was completely against this idea. It wasn't that I hated the water or anything like that, it was that I was afraid of the tactics my father and brother would use in teaching me how to swim. I couldn't have been more right. My brother would stand at one end of the pool, while my father was in the middle. One of them would pick me up, and throw me into the direction of the other, I then had to either a) swim to them or b) drown. I of course chose the former. This scared the shit out of me and as you may have guessed and you better believe that I learned how to swim after that. Well now everytime I even look at a pool, put my foot in or jump in without even checking the temperature, I think of how I learned how to swim and how devasting it was for me at the time. Yet I don't let it stop me from doing it again, I've just learned from those tragic 'first steps' Which brings me to my point. Right now I feel like im putting my foot in the water with a certain situation, the temperature seems alot better than before, a whole lot better, but the problem is those memories of how devasting it was for me at that time. I still think im going to jump in and not let those memories bother me. I mean I'm only gonna jump in for a little bit, and even though the water may be cold around this time of year, it will still be fun to relive a little bit of my 'childhood'. Hope this makes sense, cause it does to me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home