Wednesday, November 09, 2005

One right less than most.

When I was 6 we voted in a mock election(it was 1988) the vote didn't count, but we still did what was our right as Americans. I feel as though my voted didn't count for much yesterday. Only that Austin has once again proved to the rest of Texas that they are behind the rest of the world. It saddens me that people believe so strongly that homosexuals are poisoning our society and that marriage needs to be protected. Protected from what I ask? From Britney Spears getting married in Vegas? Or how about that nice little on show "The littlest groom" or even more so "Married by America", in which America matched a groom and his wife via phone lines(they later divorced). This sort of mockery of marriage needs to be protected? My aunt was a very open #######(she died over 5 years ago), she and her wife were happily married(or shall i say living in sin?) for over 23 years. That's longer than my parents were married, that's longer than both of my father's other 2 marriages. That's alot longer than most people's marriages and yet it meant nothing to a society that seems to care nothing about people whose sexual orientation bothers them. This is complete bullshit, the rest of Texas as far as I'm concerned can kiss my Hispanic Gay Ass. This battle if far from over, Congress overturned the Sodomy Law 2 years ago and in due time they will do the same with this idiotic Amendment. I planned to see Gay Marriages legal in my lifetime and if I don't then like those before me I will continue to battle the hate against homosexuals. So I leave you with Priar's final line from 'Angels in America' "We will no longer die silent deaths. The dead will struggle along with the living. Good-bye for now, you are fabulous, each and everyone of you."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. :( I know how it feels to feel like no one cares. But a lot do-focus on those.

11/10/2005 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger Velvetsaje said...

THANKS shimmer...

11/10/2005 05:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shut the fuck up, you fuckin homo. You ARE A 2nd class citizen. You think a small amount of people thought that?? WRONG. THE ENTIRE STATE thikns its nasty as hell. You will NEVER be able to fuck your man (or in your case, have your man fuck you) in this state. THANK GOD. And it looks like its starting to become that way in every state. This is society FINALLY putting our foot down saying, "No. This is wrong. Period." Noone wants to see it, so go back in the closet.

11/10/2005 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger Velvetsaje said...

you know I was tempted to delete that post but then again I wanted everyone to see what a fucking idiot you are. You obviously know who I am, and the issue at hand isn't about fucking(or getting fucked) because last I checked butt sex was completely legal in this state. The ISSUE at hand was marriage, not man on man sex or lesbian on lesbian sex(which you would like, but that's the whole double side of things with anyone isn't it?). So don't fucking come on here critizing me or what I choose to do or not choose to do.

This battle is far from over.

11/10/2005 07:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evil says Latino Heat ;')

11/10/2005 07:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Santi..it's Youth...great GREAT blog...it's truely sad that Texas voted the way it did...but we can be glad we live in Austin where atleast the voters were against it...and who the hell wrote all that garbage ^^^^ asshat!

11/13/2005 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger refinish69 said...

Your thoughts on the election mirror many people's thoughts in the Travis County area and the world. It is a shame that the only way anything dealing with Equal Rights is approved in Texas is when it is shoved down their throats by the Federal Goverment.

It was a waste of Tax payers time and money for this to be even brought to a vote. It just shows that the Repugnat Party has become anything but the Party of Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln would turn in his grave to realize that these Bigots use his name.

The Battle will continue. We have faced some set backs in the last few years but things are still so much better than what they were when I was a teenager.

Bigotry will always be around no matter what we do, but we will continue to educate and struggle for fair treatment under the law. Take some time to be mad now and then be ready to continue the fight.

11/21/2005 06:13:00 PM  
Blogger thao said...

Hey hey so it is you. Yeah I talked to my sister last time (she is attending UT) who told me about texas' way of voting. Thats one of the reasons why I hate conservative Texas...

now something entirely irrelevant, I will be in Austin all summer interning at the Austin-American Statesman, so if you are around, we must def hang out.

11/22/2005 01:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home