Monday, December 20, 2004

Saved!

Ok, so I knew there was something else I wanted to post about earlier I just couldn't remember what it was...until now!!! So my saturday night consisted of renting Saved! and watching it with my friend Juan and his psuedo-straight friend Joseph. I was kind of apphrensive about watching this movie with Joseph because I didn't know how he would handle the gay humor-to my amazement he enjoyed it. But that's not my point, my point is this: The first boy that...how can i put this...became more familiar about my sexuality with was this boy named Jack. Now when I moved to Austin(in 2001) Jack and I actually tried to pursue a relationship. That didnt last very long b/c Jack was going to an All Christian school to discover the lord. Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that at all. Except when u use this as an arguement to ignore ur sexuality. Flash forward to 2004, Jack has moved back to Austin and him and i meet up just to catch up. He explains to me everything that he has done in the last 3 years, which is really cool. Then he gets to the part about how he took a class that made him an ex-gay in a sense. I was disgusted at this. I mean why would someone use their religon as a way to deny who they really are? Why would someone deny themselves the right to be happy, just because their religon says that it is wrong. Why would someone want to do that?? And then I watched Saved and I understood a little bit of where he was coming from. Not that I respected his desision but now I can understand his thought process behind it. I was thinking of maybe inviting him over and letting him see the movie without telling him what is about. But would that make me one of those people "who are pushing their gay agenda onto others?" or would I merely be showing him the light. I don't know this is quite a difficult situation and I doubt I will show him the movie, but it's nice to let the idea out. And if u haven't check the film out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home