Saturday, December 18, 2004

Oh Gwen Stefani

Sorry I had to post this, but I was so against the new Gwen Stefani CD coming out, mostly because I didn't know what to expect from her. I love the No Doubt stuff and just didn't want to see Gwen go the way of one little miss Beyonce(Don't even get me started on that so called "album", that was utter bullshit and I'm glad that I didnt waste my money on it), ok so back to Gwen, I got the cd as a gift yesterday and i must say i am pleasantly surprised...so let me break the tracks down for u... 1. What U Waiting for? the first single and probably the best club song this year. 2. Rich Girl Gwen's 2nd collaboration with Eve, and I must say even though the song is catchy, its nothing like the first single they did together(For the life of me I can't remember the title...does anyone??)Also, we as the listener are introduced to the term "Harajuku Girls" which we will be used to by the end of the album. The song was called "Whose that girl" 3. Hollaback Girl Three words "Uh Huh this my shit"(yes i know that's technically 4 words, but is uh Huh an actual word or phrase?? that my friends is the question) and trust me "this shit is bananas!" 4.Cool I really like this song, the beat is hynoptic and I could be really cheesy and say that this song is cool, but I'm not going to do that. It's also an excellent getting over and moving on type of song! 5.Bubble Pop Electric I am still trying to figure out what drugs Gwen was on when she penned this song. When I find out, i plan to take said drugs and then listen to this song to figure it out. until then it's aight. 6. Luxurious it's got an old school beat to it that I can't figure out, but i do know that she says "work so hard all day, and now we get to lay back" over and over through out the song...not the best on the album. 7. Harajuku Girls Again find me the drugs she was on in Japan. 8. Crash It's the happiest song on the album, and I can see myself dancing to this at home when no one is watching. 9. The real thing it's way to Madonna for me. "Don't go away" sounds just like "Holiday". Just listen to that song and u will get the idea. I went back and re-listened to this song and it's actually a great song, even though it does sometimes sound like "Holiday", it's still a great listen and a very good love song 10. Serious OMG! this is my favoriate song on the whole freakin album, i think i've heard this song 20-30 times already i love it love it love it 11. Danger Zone It reminds me of a No Doubt song that i can't pin point, i'll get back to ya. Again I re-listened to this song and the begining sounds like a Garbage song, and then Gwen's voice makes the sound like a No Doubt song, and then it goes back to the Garbagesque type sound. This song is seriously growing on me. 12. Long Way to Go When u produce a song with Andre 3000, how can u go wrong? U can't and neither did Gwen. Only one request....read #s 5 and 7 again. Wtf does "Upgrade Computer mean?!?!?" Ok So yea im really bored at work today and luckily the day is almost over...yea yea yea, and now i get to go home curl up with my blanket and watch whatever movie i choose to rent tonite. Jaime and I are still on rocky terms and I still can't figure out where this hidden anomosity has come from on both of our ends. Javier is in El Paso, so I won't be hanging with the gurls tonite. Justin is going out on the town and apparently i have to be booked in advance to see this boy that has gotten me totally wound up...I'm sure there will be more to tell on Monday but until then... go buy Gwen's album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home